Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Trials of choosing a picture.

Welcome to rant number one.

Why is it so blessedly hard to choose a profile pic? I have some theories...

  1. You can never find a pic that doesn't have the double chin.
  2. You don't want to look like the narcisstic jerk or jerkette with the pic taken by yourself to make yourself look hot... (Girls... pouty lips don't make you look hot... and if I ran into you at the grocery store looking like that pose... I'd offer to make you an appointment at the clinic to renew your anti-psychotic meds)
  3. The drunk pictures of you were funny when you were twenty-ish.
  4. Pictures of you and your drunk buddies aren't really cool when they look like they're trying to lick you ear.
  5. Why do people take pictures of their rides? No, seriously... why is that?
  6. Lastly... you want it to be a fairly accurate depiction of who you are now.

I have two pics so far. And they have interesting stories.

My profile pic (in the orange sweater) was an agency shot and it doesn't have me with a big goofy grin... if you ran into me I might even be wearing that sweater and you could say I recognize him from his photo

The pic in the last blog was my victory photo. I had a serious health issue in September of 2007. I had a routine surgery go bad... I developed a staph infection, a pulmonary embolism, had fifteen days of fever, spent seventeen days in hospital, lost twenty seven pounds (which made me look unhealthy), seriously became anemic, and was off work for two months. I missed a lot of bowling which I do on Thursday nights. I came to visit my team when I was finally on the mend and my sister, Becky, took this pic. And I thought I went through crap but I look great.

Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words.

No comments:

Post a Comment